How does the 1% outweight the 99%?

I'm been living with my partner for 8½ years and 99% of our relationship is wonderful. We have the same interests, we laugh all the time, we enjoy the same activities, the same food etc. However, there is that 1% that really annoys me. He sponges off me a lot, he hardly ever helps out and the thing that really annoys me is that he can NEVER say he is sorry. How can the bad 1% outweigh the great 99%?

Update:

We actually really do have a great relationship. I'm just extremely angry with him tonight. I week of frustration has built up and although I've spoken to him about these frustrations he's ignored them. Then tonight, he was being a baby so I threw his pillow on the floor and he decided to do double back, through one of my pillows on the floor and then the second, but in doing so knocked over a glass of water saturating both my pillows, the sheet, the chest of drawers, the electric blanket control, my shoes, a box of tissues, not to mention the floor. He then laughed and didn't help clean it up. He will never say he is sorry and it frustrates me.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Not sure, but I have been with my husband for 7 years and it seems it always does! We get along great and fight over one thing, money! I hate it and it seems like that one thing could tear us apart! No matter who you are with there are always going to things you must overcome or choose to give up on. No one is perfect and it is hard to live with someone else! Good luck

  • 1 decade ago

    Most people would say "You have to take the good with the bad". That's not always true. If he can't say he's sorry then maybe he doesn't realize how much it hurts you. Talk to him about it. Talking does help. Talking, not arguing. Take the time to tell him that you don't like how he's always "sponging off of you". Money is only money, and its OK to loan it or help someone out as long as its not a constant thing. Counseling works as long as both people are involved. Maybe he doesn't realize all of these things because he's so used to them. Let him know and if things don't improve consider moving on. I know its hard but your a woman we can DO anything.

  • Ann
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Sounds like it may be more than 99%. Although the times that he sponges off you, etc. are only 1% of the time, this really affects the whole relationship. If you have a loaf of bread and 99% of it was perfect, but 1% had gross mold on it, would you keep it?

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    sounds like that 1% that you see it as is actually a lot higher, and how can that 1% outweigh the other 99%? easy, because it is something that is important to you and it seems like he could care less about it, which if you redefine your terms I wouldn't even call that 50/50, anyways best of luck to you

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Only you can decide that. I would say that 1% is actually like 85%. It takes alot to put up with that kind of behavior.

  • I know - it gets to you after a while.

    I honestly think the things you describe are more than 1%. I would put it at at least 10%.

  • 1 decade ago

    Need to refigure your percentages. How can you call him a partner if what you say is true? A moocher is not a partner, and why has it taken you over 8 years to realize it?

  • 1 decade ago

    Well rather than shining a spotlight on that 1%, look at the whole picture.. don't keep score like that, it's not fair.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It doesn't seem very 1% if you feel so strongly about it. Tell him how upset you are about it.

  • 1 decade ago

    in this part a lot or not a lot...it depends on how much you think its going to hurt ur relationship....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.