I have a numb toe and recurring bladder infections. What is going on?

Best Answer

STOP STICKING YOUR TOE IN YOUR CROTCH!

OR WASH IT FIRST!

Actually Steven E and Bineusa are right. The one unifying diagnosis is diabetes (reducing immunity against infections) and causing a peripheral neuropathy (and causing a numb toe).

This may warrant being checked by a doctor.

On the other hand, it seems almost as likely that you might have dual pathology - ie. one thing causing the infections and another thing causing the numb toe.

A numb toe can be caused by low of high blood sugar levels and poor blood supply. If your diabetic you should go to your doctor. As for the bladder infections sex or even submersion into a lake or pool can send bacteria into the urethra causing infection.

well a numb to can be caused by a pinched nerve, i've actualy have one right now, it's my big toe..bladder infections, well not sure if there realated or not...but you could have diabeties, that is the only 1 thing that might cause both of those symptoms together. as for the infection cranberry juice and antibiotics should get rid of it, if it keeps comming back go to a doc. and get some cultures done.

I had that. I started wearing different shoes. I thought it was my pregnancy, but it's been 2 years. So I stopped wearing these one heals I used to wear allll of the time. The straps covered my big toe.

The bladder infections/UTI/OOOUCH were fromj wiping back to front!!! Or not peeing right after sex. That was the biggie!

This might be a strange question, but you didn't have any recent abdominal surgeries, did you?

My friend and I had recent surgergy (emergency c-section and gallbladder removal, respectively) and we both had numbness on the top of our right feet and minor bladder infections.

We thought is was a weird coincidence...

These things could be related, but don't have to be.

You should have the bladder infections checked out, insist on a urine culture.

It could be also something like diabetes. So go and have it checked. Otherwise you could end up with more serious problems.

Have your lifestyle reviewed and you hygiene skills.

Maybe there is something small you do wrong.

• beez

Have you taken antibiotics for the bladder infection? Do you wear shoes that pinch that particular toe?

keep ur toe out of ur urethra/bladder and all of this torment will end