register nurse or registered nurse?

Which one is it?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The proper title in the US is "registered nurse". This indicates that you are _licensed to practice_ nursing in a state; it's a legal designation.

BTW, it's possible to have a BSN (bachelor of science in nursing), and NOT be a registered nurse. All that the BSN means is that you survived a university-level program and graduated with a college degree. You still have to pass "nursing boards" before you can be licensed in a state or states and perform nursing tasks.

Source(s): I'm an RN.
  • 1 decade ago

No.2

• 1 decade ago

The term is registered nurse. Registered refers to holding a license with the state due to the level of education needed. Why?

• Rhonda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Registered nurse. They are a licensed professional, regulated by a state board of nursing.

Source(s): Best friend is a nurse
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sarah
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Maybe 'staff nurse' is a stage before one can become a 'registered nurse'! I think you need to get a nursing degree!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

registered nurse (RN). register nurse just doesn't sound right does it.with the ed it makes more since.you can always look online , and in a dictionary to find the correct spelling.my mom always told me don't ask before you try to get it yourself.

Source(s): personal experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

registered

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

registered!

• 1 decade ago

registered.

• 1 decade ago

REGISTERED

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.