Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Why to you read???

Why do you read??Be creative.

DOes reading escape you into diffrent places?

MAke you feel like one of the characters?

please tell me why you read,etc.

sorry I mean't "do" read. ;)

Favorite Answer

I read for a passion. if life is going wrong for me then its wonderful to escape the Hogwarts or the forest, or the marsh, or Ireland, or Alagesia or just anywhere. Reading is an escape for me, reading is a comfort, reading is a passion. No i don't ever really feel like the character but i do feel like a tag-along whos invisable and no1 knows i'm there. Reading is like magic to me, its the closest thing (besides love) that we have to magic. When u write u are able to create anything, be anything, there are no limits. Like I said Reading is a passion connected to my passion of writing. That's why i read

Hi! I started reading some six years back when I was discouraged from going outside the house to play but I have come to love it so much that it has become my greatest hobby. When I have a fight with somebody,I just open a book and after a while forget that I had been sad or angry. Books have provided me with so much knowledge. I don't watch movies alot so all the information that I have of the outside world is due to reading.Now,even if I would want to stop reading(which I don't),I couldn't because I am addicted to it!

I read because it's an escape from my world. Some people drink or do drugs to forget about their problems---I read. When I am in a book, I am in the world. Yes, I notice things going on around me, so I'm not completely out of it, but it gets my mind off pressing matters.

I also like learning about characters and learning what I like about them, and then trying to be like them in that specific way.

People who say they hate reading don't understand how it changes your thought process and your life. When I don't have a book to read, my days are terrible.

Reading helps me pass the time away. I can go anywhere I want to go without leaving my home. It is a way to explore new things, and have a new twist put on old stuff. In reading you can go anywhere in the world, and you can learn some pretty interesting stuff about that world. You can step into a world were something out of the ordrinary happens. That is what reading does to me.

I read for many reasons. Sometimes I get stressed out and reading gets my mind off the thing that is stressing me out. It usually works. The next reason I read is because I get bored easily sometimes. Reading is sometimes the only thing I can do. I also read to gain more knowledge. I am always eager to gain knowlege. I always learn something from reading and most people do learn something from reading. If you want to go to college and major in a certain subject reading books on that subject will help you gain knowledge on that subject.

I read because my brain hungers for it!! When I was studying, schoolwork was droll and after I graduated, working life is worse. Reading gives my mind the intellectual exercise it needs... it almost feels as though my brain is soaking in all those brain juices I've lost over the course of my work! Plus, I love to read... ever since I was a kid.

Reading is very entertaining, it helps me relax and as Richard Peck said “I read because one life isn't enough, and in the page of a book I can be anybody;

I read because the words that build the story become mine, to build my life;

I read not for happy endings but for new beginnings; I'm just beginning myself, and I wouldn't mind a map;

I read because I have friends who don't, and young though they are, they're beginning to run out of material;

I read because every journey begins at the library, and it's time for me to start packing;

I read because one of these days I'm going to get out of this town, and I'm going to go everywhere and meet everybody, and I want to be ready.” :)))

I read to remind myself that millions of people throughout time and geography have thought a million different ways about every possible subject. It is tempting to think all humanity thinks like your town, state, country or whatever. Crack open any number of books and suddenly you are confronted with angles of perspective you never dreamed of. Writing/reading is an instrument of great power.

• T.Mack

I read to escape,it helps me to forget where I am sometimes,I love visualizing what the characters look like. Reading is also therapeutic to me,it helps me to feel better if something is really bothering me. I also encourage my children to read.

I read to escape, to be imaginative (because reading is very good for imagination) and I read because I'm curious, i want to know my culture better, my patrimonium, to see what humans are able to write, to think about and of course, to product (so many books, sentences, words so wonderfull to discover).

Reading is learning, escaping and astonishing...