How long is "too long" for a single adult to go without intimacy?

Casual encounters or friends with benefits are not valid options. Sometimes finding and remaining in a relationship is nearly impossible because people are so focused on age, weight, looks ...

Favorite Answer

First, I don't know how old you are but I don't think that there is a time frame that you can put on intimacy or it being a matter of it being "too long" . You have to understand that intimacy does not mean only sex...this has been such a big issue. If you have set goals on what you are looking for in a man/woman then settling for someone just for the intimacy (sex) does not get you any satisfaction (except immediate) if you are looking for the right person. Give yourself time and when the right time comes you will know and it will not be a question of it being casual or a friend with benefit situation. I know people who have been celibate for a few years because of the casual or friends with benefit syndrome. So go as long as you feel you can and don't let anyone judge you for your decision.

Hey ...

(This is coming from another Libra ... )

Don't get sucked into the "I have needs, satisfy me now" culture. Some people go their entire lives without physical intimacy. Men in prison camps during the war went years without it. Don't be distracted by some abstract question. If you feel the longing (versus "the need") - which I'm sure you do if you're a true Libra - feel it and try to act on it. Your conceptions of true intimacy are much higher than most peoples (look at some of your luny answers), so its going to be harder to satisfy. But the balance of that is that you can go longer without it.

Just stay emotionally open. Think of the joys of intimacy. When the season arrives, it will happen.

I just went through a LONG time without being close to anyone, and the upside is that I am reliving so many of the simple joys that I first felt as a teenager that I had forgotten about having. Perhaps this is your time to have your heart cleansed for a really fantastic relationship.

Lastly ... as a Libra let me remind you that when you do find that special someone, of course you must (as a Libra) require her to wear no underwear.

Go Libras!

.

• Frosty

I think more than a year without ANY intimacy (be it intimate conversation or sex) is too long. However, though many people are concerned with age, weight, and looks, I know for a fact that not everyone is. If one goes more than two years without so much as a fling, let alone a relationship, then one might want to look more at their own personalities. Maybe that person has standards that are not attainable. Or, perhaps, that person is in the wrong social situations and is unable to meet their potential significant other.

Source(s): Sources: living through life and developing personal opinions during said time on earth.

I don't think anyone can say for sure how long "too long" can be.

I just broke a sexual fast of two years. The 24 months were lonely but I still managed to go to work, pay my bills and to be friendly to the bus driver. So, you see, I didn't go crazy or anything.

I am very happy I got the big guy out, though.

There is no set time but I agree with people focusing on age, weight, looks etc.Sad but true. However it's only you that can decide when you're ready for intimacy again.There's someone for everyone out there.

Two weeks is the longest a normally adjusted human should go without the touch of another human. Whether it be a hug, a peck kiss, or intercourse. As far as sex goes, the longest a person can or should go is on a person to person basis, however it seems more detrimental to those who are in their mating years. That is why in many cultures, men are to be married at the age of 20. And their wives are to be just over the age of first menstuation (particularly one year after onset) This is when girls are most excited about sex and men are at the age to still be tender to them.

no lng is too long you both have to be reay for intimacy or it will feel oquward. and it is a big decision maybe he or she is noit ready to make that decision to comit

Why eliminate friends with benefits?

• ?

It depends on your age and lifespan. If you are young you can drag it out. If you are older go for it now.

23 hours.