i want to become Model. but i dont have a lot of moneyto start, because im 19 year old with a baby girl.advice

I real want to be a model but I dont know how to start. I have not a lot of money and im rasing my 14month old baby girl.please heip me find acces to modling job, in the us. that chep! thank you for taking time to read my Qestion.

Favorite Answer

I have heard a lot of bad thing about SOME (not all) modelling agencies and how they make you pay for photos and photo sessions before they take you on then never give you any work. Always check with the local Better Business Bureau in teh US or Trading Standards in the Uk or Similar organisation elsewhere.

I think a better starting place before you go to agencies is if you have a friend who is reasonable with a camera (do not have to be a professional or even that good just okay) Just take 100 photos of yourself in different poses, clothing and backgrounds then pick out 10-20 nice photos. You can then use this as a portfolio, and even better instead of printing them which cost you money every time, host them on a website and get some business cards print with the website address on and just hand these out instead. This is a far cheaper way of doing it and with no RISK. You should never have to pay to get a job if you do there is a high chance it is a scam.

However if you would like a personal portfolio site please contact me and I will set you on up for free. I can design you a fully personalised flash website with as much or little information and then host it for you. This site can contain a gallery of your photos, personal information, list of work, contact details, etc or if you prefer just a couple of photos and nothing else. It can be password protected and all images will be protected as is humanly possible, or the photos can be available to download.

Examples of work can be provided on request. Just message me here if you want, I am a professional website designer but have lots of free time (and enough money) so I am currently doing free sites for small bands, small artist etc, basically anyone who could not afford them otherwise. I have my own hosting server so can offer hosting servers or you can host the site yourselves. No images sent to me will be used for anything other than your site and I will not give anyone your detail or link to the site. You will have complete control and the site can be removed or changed at any time. This is not a scam and I will design a site for FREE, I do not need the money, and enjoy working. If you do want it message me you can tell me what you want and how you want it done and I will help.

Dear, being a model is very difficult, at least breaking into the business itself. And really, you have a young child that you need to take care of. You have to have the right "look," the right connections (know the right people) and the pay for starting models is rather low. You don't start out walking down the runways of Paris. You need a professional portfolio of photos of yourself in various clothing and hairstyles. These must be profesisonal and that takes money which you say you have not got. You have to take the portfolio to agencies that deal in this sort of thing and that can be very time consuming and frustrating. I suggest you concentrate instead on your baby girl. Further your education (perhaps you can get a loan) and get a good job. Your first allegiance is to your baby now. I am sorry you had one so young as it kind of ends your own childhood and dreams, but you did so now make the best of it and give her what she needs and deserves.

Don't even think about it. Becoming a model is very difficult. You will not have the time for your child. She needs you right now. You would have to move to Chicago, or New York . Life in NYC is very expensive. There are already thousands of beautiful women there right now who are working as waitresses who want to become models. 99% of them will be disappointed and go home after a few years of struggle.

There is nothing wrong in following your dreams. Look up the yellow pages for listing of modelling agencies. Get your portfolio done and call these agencies for appointments.

• Oddeye

Abandon the dream of modeling, become a novelist instead.

start a yahoo 360 blog and post some pictures

I totally agree with rosiegirll.Try to think of another industry.

at least you dont have to know how to spell to be a model

God... you have a baby???