Can some one give me Ram advice?

Alrighty..So I have a Dell Dimension 2400. Already has a pc2700/184 PIN/128MB of RAM already in it. 1 of 2 Memory slots are avaliable. 2GBs max. I play computer games such as Counter Strike and Guild Wars. I've given up trying to play Guild Wars because it uses a lot of memory. I continue to play counter... show more Alrighty..So I have a Dell Dimension 2400. Already has a pc2700/184 PIN/128MB of RAM already in it. 1 of 2 Memory slots are avaliable. 2GBs max.

I play computer games such as Counter Strike and Guild Wars. I've given up trying to play Guild Wars because it uses a lot of memory. I continue to play counter strike because it's alright. No problems at all, the only problem is. It takes atleast a minute to open up the game. But joining or playing in game is alright.

I'm looking for a good "bang for the buck" I've been looking around in stores and it is incredible expensive.

If I want my PC to handle these types of games, how much memory should I be purchasing?

512MB or 1GB?