A weird smell (like chemical smell) coming from my HP pavillion a810n. Do I need to worry?

It's about 2 years old, just noticed the smell this week, smell it even when it's off. Smells like paint fumes or something.
Update: Ok, so I called HP and they charged me $45 to tell me to take it to a shop (actually they told me it would be more cost effective to just buy a new one). I'm pretty sure it's coming from the computer and not something else. It doesn't seem very hot. Both fans on the back run when switched on. ... show more Ok, so I called HP and they charged me $45 to tell me to take it to a shop (actually they told me it would be more cost effective to just buy a new one).

I'm pretty sure it's coming from the computer and not something else. It doesn't seem very hot. Both fans on the back run when switched on. Haven't vacummed - should I try this?