comichubble asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

Is it possible for a track wheeled bike to be treated as a road bike?

Plus its frame is converted from an used road bike!!!

• Mike C
    Best Answer

Its called single speed bikes and its the true roots of the sport. The Fixed gear bikes or track bikes are gaining momentum all over the country. I ride my tack bike (single speed) as my commuter bike. Few things to remember. True track bikes have no brakes, so be careful! Watch whats going on around you. Look ahead not just at the ground.

• kalaka

A friend and I accidentally ended up in the middle of a race a few years ago (we didn't know there was a race going on where we decided to ride.) We got passed and dropped by an old dude on a fixed gear track bike, who was participating in the race.

Based on that, and the fact I've seen other guys riding track bikes around town occasionally, I'd say yes.

definite. in basic terms swap out the hub. the only project is that with a fixed kit wheel, it is going to in many cases upload extra stress to the rear wheel so which you will want a minimum of a 32 hollow rear wheel set up. you may run 24 spokes yet gain this at your individual threat. This lower back wheel is in basic terms designed for twenty-four spokes. although in case you got a 32 hollow hub, the rim in basic terms holds 24. Sorry, yet that is a certainty.

not in Portland anymore!

sure...go for it