Who quoted "Every morning in Africa a Gazelle wakes up?

I am trying to find who authored the Lion and Gazelle philosphy

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Columnist Herb Caen wrote in the San Francisco Chronicle sometime back: "Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle; when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

http://www.sunburyumc.org/DevotionDetail.asp?ID=10...

• The quote is attributed to Roger Bannister, the first sub-four minute miler.

• 1 decade ago

The Quote has been reprinted many many times since it first originated, However there is no concrete eveidence to who said it first it is simply anomoyous.

The Guy who took us for marathon training gave that to us on the first day we began, its a great quote.

• 4 years ago

It was quoted and made popular in Thomas Friedman's best selling book "The World is Flat"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I can't find the name of the author. I searched on Yahoo, Google, etc. and still can't find the name. It said that the poem was written anonymously so we don't really know who wrote it.

• 5 years ago

Tanzania proverb

• 1 decade ago

I was thinking Tarzan, but I know that ain't right.

Sorry, I don't know.

• 1 decade ago

You did.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hjkg

• 1 decade ago

hehehe... i think??? me???

visit my friendster : bear_huggs15m@yahoo.com...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.