What do you think of seat belts?

Life saver? Nuisance?

Don't you think it's time they invent something more easily useable, more consistently practical, and less of a chore? (Consider all the other things people occupy their time with while driving.)
Update: Since the response has been in favor of continued usage of seat belts, I didn't realize how inferior autos are to make BOTH the seat belts and air bags life savings necessities. Thanks for enlightening me. No need to improve upon these things. Why bother making a safer automobile by using the latest... show more Since the response has been in favor of continued usage of seat belts, I didn't realize how inferior autos are to make BOTH the seat belts and air bags life savings necessities. Thanks for enlightening me.

No need to improve upon these things.

Why bother making a safer automobile by using the latest state of the art materials that would hold well in collisions, and why bother improving the design and functionality of seat belts.

These automobiles being made today are good enough. Let's just keep making more and more of them and slapping on high sticker prices ...$50,000.00. $60,000.00

Then we'll invent some nice round figures by which you lease them and keep leasing for the rest of your lives, so long as that monthly nut is tailored around that meager paycheck.

Own nothing.

Keep driving them.

Don't improve anything.

They are just fine as they stand today.

Thankyou.