mom
mom asked in TravelUnited StatesMiami · 1 decade ago

Where is the best beach in Florida, best place for big waves?

We would also like to do some beach combing. Where would we find the most seashells?

Favorite Answer

I always liked Cocoa Beach, and was always a personal favorite. They have nice waves. But my friend lives in Venice, FL and they say that when they beachcomb, they find shark teeth on the beach. They actually have a jar full of them. I don't know if I would swim in those waters, if you get my drift. : )

There are 3 beaches I know of.

1.Jacksonville Beach, FL

2.Cocoa beach, FL

3.Sebastian Inlet, FL

Daytona beach is also good but I'm not sure if the waves there are as big as the other 3 beaches have.

Best beach by far is Daytona Beach, you can also catch some pretty great waves if you travel to the next town South of there, Ponce Inlet. Beautiful area with tons to do and great water and sand.

Sanibel Island, best shelling, the East Coast for waves. Siesta Key is the most natural, prettiest sand, beach.

• jadenn

Siesta Key and Longboat Key have THE whitest sand and cleanest beaches I've ever seen, including ocean and Great Lakes beaches and the coastland of Ireland.

i cant remember the best for shells but it is not far from siesta key and siesta key has the best sand

best waves will be on the east coast any where the gulf stream comes close to the shore when the wind is blowing from the north

Best beaches...South beach

Biggest Waves...San Sebastian inlet (I believe).

I think Daytona Beach is awesome!