Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Red lipstick is the in colour now?

I always wanted to wear red lipstick the colour that gwen stefani uses.. but am afraid that i will end up looking like an overdone clown!! .usually my make up is emphaize on the eye e.g black or dark eyshadow with eyeliner but light blush n pinkinsh lipgloss...im not porcelean fair .. but not olive skin either.. south east asian fair mabye like chinese fair.. since its like every magazine's topic is about the 40's look..iim curios to try any make up tips on what to match with red lips?

Favorite Answer

oh yeah

Source(s): ws

The first thing people notice is the general appearance of a person.

If it's pleasant and attractive, they will look again.

Red lips are always striking, and noticeable - if your colouring is sort of light Asian, even better - red lips are bound to suit you.

Fair(ish) skin, dark (black) hair and red lipstick... just make sure the colours of your wardrobe complement the general look - never wear clashing pink or orange for example, or purplish shades.

Blue is OK, as well as lots of black and white and neutral shades.

When wearing red lipstick go easy on the eyes. I usually use mascara and that's about it. Overdoing your eyes will definitely make you look like a clown. Although there are SOME people who can pull it off. Take some time to experiment and see people's reactions. Usually you can tell yourself what works best with you though. Also if you wear blush/bronzer..don't go overboard!

I was at the lancome counter asking about latest colours, and yes red lips are back, so keep the eye make up minimal, maybe just mascara and eyeliner, and use lipliner, red lipstick with a lipbrush, and perhaps gloss on top.

Ok-This is just my opinion. Red lipstick looks really gross, I think it is way too much. But that's on most people. And it also depends what you're wearing, where you are, and the other peoples appearences. You don't want to go to some hobo-cardboard-box-moving-into-a-new-street party wearing that...But if you're going to a fancy place, or school or work (if people wear heavy make-up) then sure, it's good. And it also depends how old you are...You can't be like too young.

Red lipstick looks great and it has the added bonus of making your smile looker whiter. With red lipstick and your complexion, I think you would look best in a dark brown to black eye make-up. When wearing true red lipstick, your lips will of course be the focal point, so you should down-play your eye make-up.

Get the total look and paint your toenails red too!

Enjoy!

Red lips arent exactly "in" right now more shinny long lasting glossy but not bright color lips are in. But it doesnt matter what they say if it looks good on you and you feel comftorable about how you look with bright red lips . The best thing to do is to experament with diffrent colors and see what looks best, but if you still are doing the dark eyes then you might want to do a tone down on something.

Best of luck

<3

Source(s): experience
  • jhvnmt

Girl, if you're thinking about red, you have to google carmine or cocheneal. Click the first link. When I first heard it, I thought it was bogus, but I did my own research. first look up what it is, then look at all your red lipsticks (some so-called organic foods too, even red Nerds candy and Tropicana Strawberry Orange Juice) ingredients lists. Then think about how much lipstick you ingest when you lick your lips or eat food without removing your lipstick first! I wouldn't pay to eat a salad with beetles on it, I won't pay for it in my lipstick! Try Arbonne lip colors,they don't use it in any of the products.

http://webexhibits.org/pigments/indiv/overview/car...

Source(s): Arbonne Independent Consultant EverydayHealthNaturally@gmail http://webexhibits.org/pigments/indiv/overview/car...
  • emjay

Mac's "ladybug" color is great. The thing with red lipstick you can look like a loon if your eye make up is too heavy. so easy on the eyes when wearing the red lips.

if you do try the red lipstick make sure your teeth are white. Cuz i've seen some gruls and it just ain't pretty. And try to go for a stain of the color. so it will show but won't be over dramatic and make you look like s**t

Bright red lipstick is in now. But my advise is if you wanna people to focus on your lips, keep other make up too the minimal. Use a red that is suitable for your skin & teeth color coz using the wrong shade of red can make your teeth look yellow..