If you had to permanently move to 1 of the following states would it be:Illinois,Indiana,Minnesota,Wisconsin?

Rank the order from first choice to last.

Why your picked your selection would be appreciated.

Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, or Wisconsin

• BAM
    Favorite Answer

I have lived in all three. I'm currently in Illinois. Here is my ranking.

1. Minnesota

2. Indiana

3. Illinois

Why? Here are my thoughts on each.

Minnesota

-------------

Great job market. Multiple Fotune 500 companies. There are great companies to work for headquartered here. These include Target, Medtronic, Best Buy, 3M, Buffallo Wild Wings, Cargill, United Healthcare, etc... Minneapolis is a great town and has a thriving music scene. It is cleaner than most larger towns. People make the most of their summers and everybody seems to own rollerblades. Culturely, they spend weekends up at the cabins up north and do ice fishing. Yes, the winters are harsh and the falls and springs come and go quickly. You also have the University of Minnesota in town and St. Thomas from an educational standpoint. Don't forget Mall of America.

Indiana

=====

Kicked back lifestyle. The cost of living is good. Check out some of the Indianapolis suburbs and you will find housing is VERY affordable. Another plus for this state is that there are 3 great schools...Purdue, Indiana, and Notre Dame. On the downside, there aren't as many good companies in the Indianapolis area to work for. Eli Lilly is there. Many of the other companies there are insurance companies or transportation companies.

Illinois

====

Lots of great things to do and see in the Chicagoland area. Awesome museums and zoos. Downsides are that the traffic congestion is rotten. I live 40 miles from where I work and it takes me 2 hours to get to work. The major roadways are always under construction. Also, there are lots of taxes. Housing is expensive. If you go out to the western suburbs, it becomes much more affordable, but you have a much higher commute.

Source(s): Personal Experience

Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana then Wisconsin.

Minnesota, Illinois then Indiana.

Wisconsin. I live here, although it's kind of my first choice mainly due to ruling out the others.

Indiana. Climate similar to Wisconsin; you don't have to go through Illinois to get anywhere.

Minnesota. Too far north - cold! Oh sure, I know it's not all frozen tundra, but it's just too far away.

Illinois. No, this isn't ranked last because I live in Wisconsin. The geography isn't much to look at. All pretty flat. Traffic is horrendous. Freeways are hideous - in bad shape, tolls, potholes....oy vey!

Chicago, Illinois. Hands down.

Then Indiana and Minnesota.

top ten choices to move to

New York, Buffalo or Jamestown

Colorado

Maine

Flagstaff, Arizona

Florida

Minnesota

Nevada

Kentucky(cause im interested in ghosts)

New Mexico

North Dakota

last choice: Texas because i live there and any of the other states of the bible belt.

None of the above.. Colorado is the only state I would permanently live in.

• Jenny

Indiana

Ilionois

Minnesota

Minnesota

Indiana

Illinois

i would move to which ever one doesn't have Oprah in it, i'm not from the US so I don't know which one