Question about sid meier's civilization III?

I just bought sid meier's civilizations iii. I have downloaded it but when i go to run it, it says disc read error, please insert civilizations complete play cd disc in. what does this mean. there was only one cd that came with it. or how do i get this one to play.

Favorite Answer

If you bought Civ III Complete, it should have come with 3 disks. You need to start at CD1, and it will prompt you when you need to insert the other 2 CDs during installation.

If you only got 1 CD, I hope you kept the receipt. Take it back to the store and exchange it.

Hope this helps!

• nobody

This may mean one of two things. You need to play the game with the CD in the drive or you need to download the entire game version onto your hard drive. Go to "start" , "control panel" , "add or remove programs". Then find the game and remove it. Start over and download it again.

I know. It's a hassle.

/ I thought there was more than one CD for CIV3. It's a decent sized game.

I'm surprise, are you sure you didn't mean Civ 4, as Civ 3 is several years old.

Its sounds like you bought either a pirated version, or you just downloaded it from the web...in which case, I'd suggest that buyer's beware...OR if you downloaded it from a Warez site, then what do you expect, you just downloaded it for free???

call their tech support. or visit their website for more info.