Getting married soon,anyone have any advice?

I am getting married next month.Whats the best advice you can give?

Favorite Answer

Congratulations on your pending marriage!

The advice I pass on to you is 1 Corinthians 13 verses 4 -7

Make reading these verses part of your morning devotion with your wife every day. Your marriage will blossom. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.

Quite possibly advice you don't personally need, but too many guys forget that their girl is a person, too, not just a sexual object. Your new wife will probably be at least as intelligent as you (many of them fake the dumb blonde routine just to keep our egos happy), and even though you won't understand her logic often, she will have the right answer. Treat her like the partner she should be, not as an inferior being. Reach way down inside yourself and see if any of this applies to you. My best to you in your future life with a sweet lady.

• retzy

Be nice to each other!!!! Follow the golden rule.

Also, do little things for each other, spontaneously. For example, my brother and I buy each other little gifts every once in a while, from free pencils, to 50 cent plastic cups, to video games. And we don't fight over petty things. And that's probably why we're best freinds when so many of my other freinds hate their siblings.

Yeah, don't do it if you're career isn't settled. Don't do it if you're under 27, Dont do it if she's got kids- you'll have to pay the child support.

Don't have an open marriage.

Be absolutely sure this is THE MATE for you.

Good Luck! God Bless

Communication is the key to any relationship. Learn how to communicate with your future wife and it should get easier from there.

Also, when I got married, people told me the first two years are the hardest. They weren't lying. But if you communicate effectively, it makes it that much easier.

• Mr. A

If you haven't or aren't, pre-marital counseling. Also, make sure to have financial things squared away...not as in where you're going to get your money from, but go ahead and plan a budget with your wife-to-be. 50% of all failed marriages contribute difficultly to divorce.

Source(s): Dave Ramsey
  • M N

Listen to each other and be GENUINELY concerned about the others feelings. If there is something you can do to make their day better than do it and never hesitate to show your spouse that you love them. It's so easy to do in the beginning but harder to do years down the road.

ALLOW EVRYTHING IN YOUR LIFE AND ACCEPT ALL AS IS AND LIVE IN THE NOW ONE THING PRACTICE UNCODTIONAL LOVE AND PUT GOD FIRST YOUR MARRIAGE WILL BE BONDED LIKE WITH CRAZY GLUE GIVE YOUR WIFE TOTAL FREEDOM DON'T CONTROL HER WHEN THERE IS PROBLEM TALK DON'T CHEAT AND OFFERS YOUR PROBLEM S TO OUR SUPREME FORCE AND LET IT GO PUT SOME INTENTS WHAT YOU NEED FROM LIFE WRIGHT ON PIECE OF PAPER YOUR GOALS AND MIRACLE TAKES PLACE GOD BLESS YOU

for what reason are you getting married? there is nothing in marriage for an american male, except to lose all of your money and possessions. listen to Tom Leykis, and for your own sake get a prenup!

You wont understand me now but buy allot of boxers or underwear!

Source(s): life