Would you like to recite a prayer for peace on Earth?

I will do it in Aramaic for the Middle East first then for the rest of the world. You do it for your part of the world then for the rest of the world. This is for meditation. Even if you don't believe in God it is proven that ritual is positive human behavior. I will do the lords prayer in Aramaic.

Baba-n d-eeleh b-shmaya, payesh men qudsheh shemoukh, athya malkuthukh, howeh igbonukh, dakh d-eelah b-shamyah, hadakh ham b-ara. Hala-n lakhma semqana d-edyu, shwoq tala-n gnamukh tiyatha-n dakh d-ham akhni shwoqlan d-ani ta m-dodela ela-n. la mabiretlan min gorabeh ila m-khalislan min beesha, sabab d-eeyukh eelah malkutha, u hela u tishbohta, alam almin amin.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Interesting. I speak Gilghadic Aramaic, and though the language you used is definitely a variety of Neo-Aramaic, I can't understand most of it. Of course, I immediately realized that it was the Lord's Prayer, but it is certainly a foreign pronunciation to me. The first few words, as well as the last few words...I could understand (even though they're a bit different). For example, in Gilghadic Aramaic we would say,

"Aban da va shmeya, shmakh hilhyithqodish. Malkuthakh hiltyethe, dzibyanakh hilhyihwe, ghal argha eyk da va shmeya......

.....mut`ol da dilakh malkutha, wa kheyla, wa teshbakhta, l'ghalem ghalmin. Ameyn."

Shlam l'akh.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Any prayer that says anything beyond thank you, is symbolic of a lack of faith in God.

It assumes that God would give you something that is not in your best interest.

It assumes that God is less aware of what is best for you than you are. That he needs your help to figure it out.

This is called faith by organized religion but it is actually a complete lack of faith. Trust that God is doing his job and is competent and able to get you back home safely.

Love and blessings

don

Source(s): course in miracles
  • Peace
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

what a lovely thought .. and my thoughts are being sent out for peace xxx

• 1 decade ago

i pray for peace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.