Will the ER pull a tooth out if you are having severe pain?

If you go to the emergency room, will they treat you for a really painful toothache, possibley infected? Are there "emergency" dentist on call? If not, do you know of a way to have a tooth pulled on very limited funds?

• Lady X
    Favorite Answer

No, they will refer you to a Oral Surgeon! I worked Dental ER and only Broken Jaws, Facial Fractures are repaired on an emergency basis.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): er pull tooth severe pain: https://shortly.im/k7yre

ER doctors can't pull your tooth. If there is a dental school near you they will pull the tooth for little money. Where I live to have a tooth pulled by a proper dentist can cost about 130 dollars. A lot if you ask me.

In the meantime put clove oil on the tooth. Also brush your teeth with tea tree oil on the toothpaste.

• dre

Yes its true. Most teeth should not be extracted when there is an active infection and most Hospital ER will give you Antibiotics and Pain Killers to take care of the infection and the pain. However, there are exceptions to every rule. While it is generally considered a high risk to extract an infected tooth. Sometimes, we do pull them and prescribe strong Antibiotics to drain an underlying abcess.

WHAT? What the hell is Mike talking about. I extract teeth all the time when the person has a toothache. It's more difficult to achieve profound anesthesia but it's perfectly normal.

As far as the ER, they won't pull your tooth. They'll give you pain meds and possibly antibiotics then tell you to go see a dentist.

Source(s): I'm a dentist
    • Tonya6 years agoReport

i have a question for you? Since you are a dentist , both my wisdom teeth has cracked and i have no dental insurance no proper money and im not sure what to do i have run out ideas on what to do?

No they will not pull a tooth. They will prescribe pain killers . And no respectable dentists or Doctor should pull a tooth while its infected. They should treat the infection first with antibiotics to make it go away before the tooth is pulled. The shot they give you to deaden the nerve want work until the infection is gone. And the infection in ones tooth is very dangerous and can spread through out the gums and face.

Source(s): Been there, Done that.

Mcv Emergency Room

If they do that to you, it'll be a sure fire way to revoke their licence to operate because that will send you fast to your grave.

if you really have a bad toothache, there are a lot of over -the-counter meds that will temporarily relieve you of the pain. As soon as it subsides, that's the only time you could be operated on for your toothache. And besides, tooth extraction don't cost much? Or does it in your country?

rotten infected broken teeth no money no inshurance no hospital or dentist will help on dissabilaty quit crying im told to live with it till i die ok tanks you

• Joel4 years agoReport

This is exactly how I feel! Even with dental insurance, I ve had dentists actually break my teeth while working on them! I have five teeth that have needed root canals, but because I went so long without dental insurance I couldn t take care of them. $2000 to pull 5 teeth now! Meanwhile in pain!

what can i take for a toothache have to find a dentist in brooklyn mine is on vacation

• Joel4 years agoReport

Clove oil works wonders (but it burns at first), but I have also found that if you get liquid advil and take a needle and poke through the end of it, you can then put some on a Q-tip and apply the advil directly on the tooth. Most of the time the pain will subside within seconds! Hours of relief!