Do you think we have the right to tell people how to live their lives?

• jen
    Favorite Answer

No i do not. We could perhaps offer advice, but in no way should one put themselves in a position of judging someone elses choices or lifestyle.

If you mean by the "we" being the United States Government or the "we" being religious organizations -- irregardless of which "we" the question refers, my answers is no. No one, non entity have the "right" to tell people how to live their lives. Now how other countries treat their people, the lack of medical treatment, food, clean water, clothes, shoes, and the basic necessities of life -- yeah, we have a duty. Can we make world leaders do this? No. Should we post various sanctions against them? Why? This only leaves the people in the same state in which they are already in. Can we force democracy on other countries? No, and unfortunately that is not how the Bush Administration thinks.

People/organizations have always tried to coerce others to accept their opinion as fact, and sometimes/usually resort to blatant lies to that end... I believe this is true of government and religion...Personally, I do not wish to tell anyone to do what I think they should be doing... Not only is it wrong, I do not want the responsibility for their lives, I have my hands full just handling my own... Why don't we all just mind our own business, and, providing nobody is getting hurt, let the other folks do the same. That goes for cowboys, hippies, rebels and yanks...and anybody else, here or anywhere.....

Yes and no. Government does not have any rights at all. Government has powers. But yes, our government has the power to tell people how to live their lives.

• Nope. I don't tell people how to live their lives, and I expect that everyone will allow me to live mine the way I choose.

No!

We can only live one life and that is our own.

You bet we do.

We have a right to tell them they can't pick and choose which traffic laws they want to obey. It's not a la carte! We have the right to let them know they can't rape their own children or anyone else's. We have the right to tell them they can't use kittens as yoyos. We have the right to tell them they can't stuff brand new makeup in their purses without paying for it like the rest of us. We have the right to tell them they can't intimidate our children in school. We have right to tell them they can't murder their sister for dating without the approval of male family members and they can't divorce their spouse with a shotgun or a gas can and a match. We have the right to tell them they can't raise their children in filth. We have the right to ask them to restrain and discipline their children. We have the right to ask them to educate themselves and their children. We have a right to tell them they can't allow garbage to collect in their living quarters until it becomes a health hazard due attracting rodents and insects. Need I go on?

ABSOLUTELY NOT....As long as someones life choices don't interfere with another persons rights, NO ONE has the right to tell you how to live your life.

"Each according to the dictates of his/her own conscience."

Of course not.

Even the person is lost, it is for him/her to figure out what exactly he/she wants to achieve in life.

They can do so by interacting with people, find info through document, books, etc.

nobody has the right to tell you how to live. land of the free home of the brave.