how to return on dell products?
- cybrogLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
How to Return: To return products, you must contact Dell customer service (www.dell.com/us/en/gen/contact.htm) and receive a Credit Return Authorization Number within the return policy period applicable to the product you want to return. You must obtain a Credit Return Authorization Number in order to return the product. See "Contacting Dell" or "Getting Help" in your customer documentation or the above website to find the appropriate contact information for obtaining customer assistance.
You must ship the products to Dell within five (5) days of the date that Dell issues the Credit Return Authorization Number. You must:
* Ship back all products you are seeking to return to Dell. At Dell's discretion, credit for partial returns may be less than invoice or individual component prices due to bundled or promotional pricing and any unadvertised discounts or concessions.
* Return the products in their original packaging, in as-new condition along with any media, documentation, and all other items that were included in the original shipment.
* Ship the product(s) at your expense, and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
Upon receipt of the complete returned purchase, Dell will issue a credit or a refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling and applicable restocking fees.
Note: Before you ship the product(s) to us, make sure to back up the data on the hard drive(s) and any other storage device(s) in the product(s). Remove any confidential, proprietary or personal information, removable media, such as floppy disks, CDs, or PC Cards. We are not responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media.
- the_promsLv 41 decade ago
Usually they have a return period of 29 days or something. Just call the 800 number and then just get ready to be on wait music for a while.
If your return period is not over. By the way, they charge you a restocking fee.
- 1 decade ago
Call them at:
Sales Representative 1-800-999-3355 Mon.-Sun.
7am - 12am CST
Have your credit car #, serial and tag #'s (on the computer) ready, as well as any Dell Member (if you are) info that you have.