what language is "Ik hou van jou" and what does it mean?

Favorite Answer

It is Dutch and it means I love you, and don't believe anyone who tells you differently! The expresion "Ik hou van jou" is however rarely used in the Netherlands. We tend to say "Ik hou van je" (notice that 'jou' has become 'je'), which means the same thing, only it sounds more natural. "Ik hou van jou" doesn't sound very romantic, and is preferably only used when it's necessary to stress the 'you' part.

Perhaps you'd like to know more about the pronunciation... It is not 'ick hoo van yoo' but 'ick how vahn yow'. The more popular variation would be 'ick how vahn yer' (but don't pronounce the 'r' at the end).

Its Danish and it means I love you. Just so ya know, next time you have a question about a language.. if you type in the words as they are spelled out in front of you in your address bar and hit enter, it will bring up a bunch of answers and how they arrived at those.. Includeing what language and what it means.. etc.. hope this helped

• Orla C
      4 years agoReport

Huge different between Denmark and the Netherlands, and huge difference between Danish and Dutch.

I believe it's Dutch.

Dutch

I also like you, sweetie

Yahoo would do people much good if they taught them how to search, instead of a page for qz anyone can fin on internet

It means "I love you" in Dutch.

It is Dutch (From the Netherlands) and it means "I love you"

• NC

It's Dutch for "I love you".

It actually means "I LIKE you" and NOT "I love you".

It is hicu....

Hi how are you