Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Whats a resonable amount to put aside for central heating to be fitted in a 3 bed semi, including a boiler?

Favorite Answer

My neighbour needed a new central heating system. It cost her over £3000. But then again she already had all the pipes in place. So I'm guessing it would cost around £4000.

• ALAN Q

It shouldn't cost more than £3000.

If you want a good system, avoid a combination boiler: they are less efficient than others and cost a fortune to repair. If you have a plan with British Gas, they only cover you for, I think, the first five years, when the boiler is less likely to break down.

Better to have a system boiler and an unvented domestic hot water storage cylinder. That will enable you to have a high pressure shower without pumps, and without having electric showers, which have relatively low flow rates and high running costs. This system will cost more, however, in the first place. Probably £5000.

around £3000ish.. if you want to get an accurate idea make sure you measure your room sizes as this determines the boiler size, I suggest you go to a small local shop as they are very knowlegeable & you wont get passed form person to person or have to wait on a helpline.. Had British Gas once,never again!!!

Agree with the combi boiler tho, hot water on tap, no waiting for the immersion to heat up, cheaper & you get the room in the airing cupboard!! Good Luck!!

probably looking at £1500 to £2000 pounds a decent boiler will cost about £800

• hairyguyuk2002
      4 years agoReport

Too cheap a 7 radiator system in a 3 bed semi or terrace 2 story house installed in plastic F&F speedfit with a decent Worcester Boch or Vaillant combi boiler including TRV on 6 rads will be £4500. I'm. A an M&E Project Manager managing heating upgraded UK social housing

about £1,700 for a condensing combi boiler and 7 radiators have a look in your local paper

ive just had quotes for the same and varies from 3000 to 5000 depending on make of bioler, position etc and who does it, go for one man band who's been doing it for number of years, larger companys have larger overheads and appear to charge more, hope this helps

it cost me £4000 for my 3 bed house... please get a worcester-bosch combi boiler.. as it will be100% reliable... i've had no trouble with mine in 10 years.... (t'wood)

British Gas did a excellent job fitting mine... and they check it every autumn.... brilliant service

• Astra

. . . as we're friends on Answers, I'll do it for £2,500. Send me a cash cheque for £2,000 and you cay pay the balance when I finish . . .

• chunky

about 4k job done

£3k