Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

natural remedies for a sinus infection?

Favorite Answer

Using a neti pot is the best, and all-natural, with no side effects. It involves cleaning out your sinuses with water by pouring the water through your nostrils. May sound strange, but it's been used by the Indians and yoga practitioners for thousands of years. I use my neti pot every day. And yes, you can breathe while you're doing it, you just breathe through your nose.

I've got 'acute chronic sinusitis' myself ...so, on a personal note ...go with medicine =( ..keeping in mind that a sinus infection not only can get very painful and smell and taste weird, but can lead to pneumonia. Unfortunately, just treating sinus pain and pressure is not enough.. you'd need antibiotics.

naturally... ..I dunno the homeopathic or herbal remedies, there may be some. ...ehh... you might want to google "homeopathy sinus infection"? ..but as far as dealing with the pressure and pain, it's suggested to soothe the sinus cavity in any way possible. Taking a steaming hot shower, or breathing in (through the nose) the steam off a large bowl of hot (boiling.. but be careful, of course) water ...with a towel overhead to trap the steam ...will help the pain. But the infection will probably linger.

And try to expel any mucous-y goodness. It's infected and the greener it is, the worse it is =p ..apologies for the graphic image

best of luck

Occasionally I get a sinus infection. I read somewhere that sinus infection bacteria do not like heat. Therefore, I steam my head with salt water and keep the hot steam vaporizer going until the infection goes away. In between you can take sinus medicine and use the nose spray with saline in it. Good luck.

Snorting salt water. Seriously. You mix like a couple of teaspoons of salt in a cup of water and snort it up your nose. But that's not going to help much if you can't breathe enough to snort it. Gargling with salt water if it's draining down the back of your throat and making your tonsil sore.

Taking echinacea capsules is good for nonviral infections, but you need to check that you're not allegeric to it and it won't interact with anything you may already be taking.

• Holly

I boil water on stove to put moisture in the room and use salt water in your nose will help just alittle .and I use ice packs on my sinus areas .but I ususally end up at the dr,office.good luck

better take antibiotics first because of the infection, ciprofloxacin will do, combine it with andrographis paniculata, an herb being used in iceland for immunity booster against cough and colds. you can also use a "isotonic" sea water spray.

this is what i do:

I Boil 3/4 pot of water, add 3 spoons of arrack, and cool.

Then I put a big towel over my head, lean towards the pot and inhale the steam for 20 minutes.

I do this twice a day. and its gone in a day or 2.

Sorry but I am going to come from a different directrion and ask you who is coming down on you all the time? It is usually someone close.

Olive leaf

or

Colustrum

or

colloidal silver

if you realy want to get the rite remedy email me