Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

1996 chyrsler LHS?

how do i change the spark plugs? the intake manifold is in the way, and i cant pull the top of the wires off. there is only one i can pull out BUT i cant get to the freakin spark plug! what do i do?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    you have to pull the top part of the intake off from it,,this is called the plenum,,and you will have to put a new gasket on it,,when you put it back together,,i own a repair shop,,and i hate the way they have made some of the engines to work on,,it doesn't take that long to do after you get that plenum out of the way,,good luck with it,,i hope this help,s.

    Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 35 yrs.
  • 1 decade ago

    If you can't get to it then sometimes you have to remove things like the intake manifold. Look at it this way it could be could own a Cadillac with a Northstar engine in it where you even have to take both the upper and lower intake manifold off to change the starter.

  • jeff s
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    I changed mine, but it was horrible. Broke a few plugs too. Had to dissamble most of the top of the motor, my advice, take it to a shop and let them do it. That way when they break something they pay for it not you.

    Good Luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.