Does ford motor company own mazda, volvo, jaguar, land rover, aston martin?

if not then why are they proudly displayed on the homepage of ford.com?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Last I read it owns 33% of Mazda (but shares lots more in technology and other things) as well as owns the rest.

It was said in Forbes, don't look for Ford to try to back out of these makers right this second (other than maybe volvo but Ford is basing a lot of the newer highly sucessive cars (ie hardly no breakdowns) on volvo technology)

http://www.forbes.com/business/2006/08/10/ford-jag...

What we may see is Ford re-engineer some of the cars from Europe and Australia and bring them here to compete with the econo-boxes from Honda short term. I say short term, as americans will remember why they couldn't stand them in the first place and wind up going back to the heavier cars I think in the long run.

• Laura
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No. Ford owns a share in Mazda. They own 33 percent of Mazda. And they are trying to sell that share to someone who likes Ford so they can still use Mazda technology in their cars. Ford uses this to an advantage. The 2007-2009 Ford Fusion is really a 2003-2008 Mazda 6. Ford took the platform and engine from the Mazda so that they do not have to spend money making a new design. The 2009 Ford Focus is really a 2004-2009 Mazda 3. And Mazda helped Ford design the fuel efficient Ford Escape. That is why the newer Ford cars get such great reviews. But ONLY ONE Mazda uses any Ford parts, and that would be the Mazda B200 Pick Up truck that copies the Ford Ranger. Daimler Chrysler owns Mitsubishi. GM owns Saab, Opel, Vauxhall, and Holden. Ford owns Volvo, and they used to own Jaguar and LandRover and Aston Martin, but they sold all of them. They still have Volvo.

• 1 decade ago

Ford owns volvo, jaguar, land rover, aston martin, and 30 % Mazda, but its a controlling interest of Mazda. Ford went a buying spree, like GM did, when they bought Saab, Dawoo and Opel. This way they can get foot in door for different markets and share platforms to keep costs down

• 1 decade ago

Yes. Mazda was the first they got, then came Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar and Aston Martin. This last four are grouped internally as the PAG division - Premiere Auto Group.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • fisch
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Who Owns Jaguar Motors

• 3 years ago

Martin Mazda

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well...They did own them, except Ford is now selling Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, and Volvo, Mazda may go too....

Source(s): forbes.com
  • Biker
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Ford controls 51% of Mazda and yes they own all the stuff you are asking about.

Source(s): I am a Ford Employee and have been for the last 18 years
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Mazda is much better without Ford.

• 3 years ago

What Company Makes Jaguar

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.