What do you think about Louisiana?

Have you ever been? What do you think about the state?

Favorite Answer

Most of the family on my grandfather's side is from a little speck in the road called Merryville (right over the Louisianna border on highway 90 or 190, don't remember which) about 30 miles from De Ridder. It is a beautiful state, warm, humid, and you can get dizzy looking up to the tops of the beautiful redwoods. It's three main industries (I think) are logging, oil refinery and coastal retail fishing. I've lived in Texas for most of my life, so I was spoiled to the wide Texas roads and I had a scare or two on twisting, narrow two laned roads when you're facing down a logging truck. I loved to go fishing and stare in awe of the cypress knees jutting out of the water, or at a passing aligator (yes, there are a lot of those there) and I had a blast at the coast, which isn't very far away from where we lived. I enjoyed my time there, but after my grandmother passed away, we moved, and I know my parents didn't like it because they both struggled to find jobs.

Miserable weather year round. Most crooked "Good Ole' Boys" state in the Nation. Remember that NewOrleans (NO) is Blak and Most Corrupt/Crime Ridden City in United States. Mayor Ray 'Boy' Nagin - the duely elected Blak Mayor of NO has managed to make $100 Billion in Katrina Relief Funds Disappear into his Own Offshore Bank Accounts. Govenor was his partner in this effort. So Louisiana is not somewhere anyone would want to go.

I've never been there. I'm frozen in ice way up north in Canada. I'd like to go some day. I like Louisiana Hot Sauce so I will probably like the state.

• mememe

Humid, hot and a little dirty in some places. I like Louisiana, but New Orleans has one of the highest crime rates next to Camden New Jersey.

Loved New Orleans, I went there at least 5 times before Katrina. I liked Lafayette too where my sister lives. I actually heard french being spoken at a restaurant there. The food is unbelievably good.

I wanted to go to the 'redneck riviera' and fish, and write poetry and visit the local bars and meet people who would take mo out on boats. So, no i've never been but it sounds like a good place to visit.

Most corrupt state in the union.

i work with a bunch of cajuns. um....they talk funny. and i have to say for the most part, they have more manners than any guy from texas. they are very charming, when i can understand what in the world they are saying

Swampy in parts, and the roads are bad in those areas. North part is pretty nice.

Very lively place! I've been there on Mardi Gras!