Why do white people think black women are...?

FAT. I have heard a lot of white people say that black women are fat. I have even seen it on yahoo answers in several questions. First of all, all people are different. Race and nationality IS a lot more then skin color and cultural behavior. Our bodies are genetically different. Most, not all black women... show more FAT. I have heard a lot of white people say that black women are fat. I have even seen it on yahoo answers in several questions.

First of all, all people are different. Race and nationality IS a lot more then skin color and cultural behavior. Our bodies are genetically different. Most, not all black women have larger body frames and genetically carry weight in the buttocks, and breast. WE ARE NOT FAT!! We carry our weight differently. And even if we are weighing more then a white person we do have weight distributed differently. If our difference were only in skin color then why are our hair types different, or our facial features different, etc. Stop calling us fat because our bodies aren't the same as yours. We are still beautiful even with our differences.
Update: Okay for the record I am not being a reverse bigot. Maybe I should have put "a lot of white people think black women are fat" I didn't say all white people felt this way. Also, some of you are not getting the point I was trying to make. WE ARE NOT THE SAME!!! I recently had done a lung capacity... show more Okay for the record I am not being a reverse bigot. Maybe I should have put "a lot of white people think black women are fat" I didn't say all white people felt this way.

Also, some of you are not getting the point I was trying to make. WE ARE NOT THE SAME!!! I recently had done a lung capacity test because I'm trying to quit somking. The nurse put my race down and I asked why is that important. She (a white woman) even said that our nationalities make our bodies have different genetic makeups that would give false reading if race not taken into consideration. and I also saw the same study some of you posted about african american having heavier bone density.

Just like in many of your answers, alot of you stated fat is fat and you need to lose weight but that's like telling a black woman your lips are to big get them reduced or your hair is too kinky get it relaxed. Why should we try and alter our gentic makeup in order to be seen as attractive in society. I'm cute now!
Update 2: Also in posting this question i'm not trying to start a big fuss or cause drama. Maybe if we stop being scared to discuss our differences then we could learn how to accept them. Maybe we should just get some of this stuff off our chest and just speak frankly about the things that we wonder about and things we... show more Also in posting this question i'm not trying to start a big fuss or cause drama. Maybe if we stop being scared to discuss our differences then we could learn how to accept them. Maybe we should just get some of this stuff off our chest and just speak frankly about the things that we wonder about and things we are curious to know instead of just making assumptions. I'm not naive people. I expected to have hateful answers and disagreements. But isn't that why we are all here on yahoo answers. To get our questions answered, voice our opinions, and become more knowledgeable. just because i ask a a question related to race it doesn't mean I'm stupid and don't expect consequences or rude remarks. I know I will get rudeness but I also may get enlightened by hereing what people have to say outside of my immediate family and friends. I choose to do it this way because people from all walks of life are here. knowledge is power and i choose to empowered with as much knowledge as possible.
Update 3: GUMMY BEAR D.... Thank you for the compliment. but in answer to your question. It's not that black women can't grow hair, LOL. black women wear weaves for a variety of reasons. First our hair does grow slower. We don't have a lot of natural oil in our hair that's why we add oils to it and... show more GUMMY BEAR D....

Thank you for the compliment. but in answer to your question. It's not that black women can't grow hair, LOL. black women wear weaves for a variety of reasons. First our hair does grow slower. We don't have a lot of natural oil in our hair that's why we add oils to it and don't have to wash it as often as other races. And because of the less oil thing our hair is prone to more breakage. Especially if it is chemically treated. So it grows slower and hasmore breakage which is why you see a lot of us with short hair if we don't wear alot of weave. The weave thing could be because we hide the damage caused to our hair with chemicals, we try and fit into mainstream society, or some of us just geniunly like the idea of longer straighter hair. I never wear weave, but my sister does ans he tells me that in addtion to her relaxer, the weave makes her hair easier to manage. It takes less time to in the mornings to put long straight hair in a ponytail then short kinky