What cookware should I buy?

My partner is great in the kitchen, but we're both confused about what to value and how these perform. Anyone have any ideas?

Here are the ones that I can get with credit card points:

* All-Clad Copper Core 7 Piece Cookware Set

* All-Clad LTD 8-piece Cookware Set

* Calphalon One 8-piece Cookware Set with Flat Bottom Wok

Best Answer

The all clad copper core is the best choice, copper conducts heat better than any of the aforementioned materials or choices, plus all clad lasts forever and would be my choice in a professional kitchen if money were no object

Source(s): years professional experience

I think the copper core would be a waste of money in a set--though you might want to get one saute pan with a copper core eventually. All Clad has the best customer service of any company I've ever seen, though, so choose the All-Clad LTD. I'm sure Calphalon is fine too.

I LOVE the calphalon One - I think its the best cookware set I have ever bought! Great quality, and if something goes wrong Calphalon will replace pieces... I bought mine at Bed Bath and Beyond, the people were great & their return policy is great as well

You should go with the Copper Core. Excellent quality. The Calphalon has the non-stick coating that if scratched will begin to peel off the surface and get into your food. Those little black specs do not look tasty in eggs.

Source(s): Have had this happen.

i would buy the calphalon set because it comes with a wok--which can be VERY handy for making all sorts of quick, healthy, yummy stir fry dishes! i'm not sure what these are made of, but i highly reccomend any cookware that is made from annodized(sp) metal. i recently bought a wear ever large cooking pan that was annodized for $28 and it was the BEST investment i ever made! i absolutely hate anything that is coated with teflon, but also hate regular stainless steel cookware too(everything i make sticks to it, no matter what kind of cooking oil/butter/spray i use). just make sure to hand wash your annodized metal. :-)

Be aware that ANY anodized aluminum will get white and chalky if you put it int he dishwasher. If ease of clean-up is important, steer clear of anodized.

Any of the ones you listed are good. Sets are the most economical way to buy pts/pans.

EmerilWare is also a good buy for the money.

Avoid QVS's "cook's essentials" brand of nostick. It sucks.

• ?

a good stainless steel.......don't get the ones with coating they do not last long.

I have a "Philippe Richard collection" heavy stainless steel and I love the set, it cooks evenly and cleans up easy, they are heavy tho, but they are of great quality

I got my set at a Jones Store here in Kansas

I like the All-Clad LTD. No special reason, it just what I have.

Calpahlon! You will love this cookware!

you already have them listed in order. get the copper all-clad.