Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

does anxiety cause head tremors? do head tremors take place during a migraine attack?

Favorite Answer

Tremors may occur in healthy individuals due to intense fear, hunger, extreme cold, over excitement or hysteria, and excessive physical exertion and fatigue. Tremors may increase with anxiety and caffeine and cease during sleep. Tremors are frequently observed in alcoholics. Tremors are common in diseases affecting the organs or brain, and can occur as a symptom of acute pathology such as poisoning and infection. Tremors can also be the side effect of prolonged use of certain medications such as some antidepressants (amitriptyline, nortriptyline, fluoxetine, sertraline, nefazodone, etc.) and some antihistamines; the tremors caused by these medications subside after the medication is discontinued. Amongst the diseases associated with tremors, essential tremor and Parkinson's disease are the best known. Tremor can also be caused by multiple sclerosis and can also occur due to large doses of ionizing radiation.

Head Tremors Anxiety

Effloxor has side effects that cause head tremors. I have never heard of anxiety in itself causing them. I have severe anxiety attacks & panic attacks, with severe migranes for more than 30 years but no head tremors. Everyone reacts differently to illnesses that come from vessels in brain. I have only known 2 people with this that I know & the both have Parkinson Diease.

I don't know what head tremors are but I do have anxiety attacks......and I do get bad headaches alot.......

Yes.

http://www.drweil.com/u/Article/M131/

http://www.truestarhealth.com/members/cm_pages10SL...

go through all the pages on this one... try theanine or (suntheanine) several times a day first... that's what I use.

They can but I would go to a doctor and check it out.

Yes for the first question. Not so for the 2nd question