What alternative fuel seems like the best for the future?

So?

Favorite Answer

In general or for cars?

In general, solar energy, wind energy, and tidal energy.

For vehicles, using vegetable oils and hybrid cars.

Hydrogen Fuel Cells

There are a few companies out there that have built devices that can refine almost anything organic into oil. Changing World, for example, has built a few such refineries.

http://www.changingworldtech.com/

For large scale energy generation, it looks as though the price of solar power is going to be cheaper than any other source 50 years from now if present development continues.

I'm not sure if motor fuel will come from biomass, coal, or hydrogen created by solar power. I suspect we may see all three.

BioDiesel is pretty good...smells good too. The problem is, not everyone would be willing to drive a small diesel so hydrogen will also come around. Electricity is still WAY to inefficient, not unlike hydrogen, but hydrogen has more potential...Being the most explosive substance in the universe and all.

The problem is...Hydrogen is made by electricity. Electricity is made (in some[most?] cases) by burning fossil fuels. So we'll be in rouble when gas runs out...

When it comes down to it, bio diesel is the best answer. It isn't subsidized by the government and it still makes money. It runs cleaner than regular diesel, and gets as good of milage. It is all around a good fuel.

Someone needs to find a way to use sewage as a fuel... its everywhere and there will never be a shortage of it... hell, if they did it right, we could actually use our own sewage to fill up our vehicles and save a sewage bill and a fuel bill... lol so go work on it and become a billionaire

MOON SHINE!!!!!!!!! Seriously.. It does work..& once you have the set up.. The other stuff to make it is very cheap!!!!..... but if we get caught making it.. the government will probably give us life in jail or kill us cuz they are loosing money with the oil companys! or say we are using it for human consumption!!!

If I could get away with it I would have my little fuel factory... But government gotta control everything ya know!

God Bless.

Source(s): Me

I guess a fuel that would be readily available and could be stored for a little while, maybe solar, maybe water. It is hard to know.

The best. Road rage. Its everywhere, you get it even it you dont want it, and it is long lasting. Now all I hve too do is harvest it and make it work....yeeeeeeeees.

Uh, maybe biomass and hydrogen?