POLL: Do you think we should start keeping DNA samples of everyone like fingerprints?

Would you let the American Government keep your DNA sample in their database?

Would you let your newborn baby have a sample taken?

Favorite Answer

I would tend to agree with FINN 100%, but I'd pull my punch a bit right now due to the looming advances in human cloning. Someday, that could cause some other ethical issue we don't ven want to start to think about...

These days with the crime rates the way they are, I think that would be a really good idea. I wouldn't have a problem with giving them a sample, of course I don't have anything to hide, either. As for my newborn, again, yeah, I would let them take a sample. If something were to happen to the baby, they would already have this information.

I think that were we to use our DNA as a form of identification, then that would be a good idea. Crimes would be more easily solved, and the innocent would be less likely to be convicted. Police could also determine who someone was when they find a partially decomposed body. However, were I to commit a crime and be caught by DNA, I would have less support for such a system.

• stong

As for the DNA pattern, the police might want to save them as long as they prefer. For fingerprints, they're more effective than in all probability in the gadget global now, so that they could have them continually.

I would have no problem with it. I think it might just help solve alot of murder cases. And yes i would allow them to take a sample of my newborn.

Yes i would, its a good idea it will mean wen csi turn up at a crime scene they will have the DNA of everyone ad it just has to match it. people who say no are the people who think it wll violate there privacy but if you aint got ought to hide the i dont see the problem to it

No because it is very possible that the wrong people could get their hands on personal information like that, hackers as one example can already get their hands on too much personal information. As another example people who could possibly sell the information for personal gain etc.

We already do, but not for criminal identification purposes.

Visit superlawyerdude's 360 page!!!

It's well informed!!!