Why does ABC keep pulling "Lost" for that stupid George Lopez?!!!?

Every Wednesday my TV guide says "Lost" will be on Wednesday night, and when it comes time, they put that garbage on. Four episodes in a row of an unfunny sitcom!!! I am trying to catch up on Lost for when the new season starts--I missed the Second Season the first time it aired, so when the new season... show more Every Wednesday my TV guide says "Lost" will be on Wednesday night, and when it comes time, they put that garbage on. Four episodes in a row of an unfunny sitcom!!! I am trying to catch up on Lost for when the new season starts--I missed the Second Season the first time it aired, so when the new season starts in October, I truly will be "lost." Thanks, ABC!!!
Update: I am not asking if you LIKE the show, or even about the ratings--I understand all that. But WHY do they schedule the show then pull it? ABC is tanking in the ratings this summer, and George Lopez isn't exactly burning up the Nielsens.