Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Why is it that the news is all about destruction in Lebanon and nothing about destruction in Israel?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel is always held to a higher standard, and the knee-jerk reaction is to always blame the victim. Israel has been trying to call attention to Hezbollah terrorists since 1979. The international community has agreed to control them and begrudgingly allotted 2000 troops for the effort. It seems to take a sledgehammer between the eyes to make the international community wake up to the dangers of Hezbollah. Even now when they boast of their power and influence, not one nation has formally commited troops to a multi-national peacekeeping force. Will it take another sledgehammer to make them realize Israel doesn't plan to wait another 12 months for the measly 15000 troops promised? Israel is expected to trust the Lebanese troops to protect them from Hezbollah. LOL

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When you start a war (yes a war) the person is looked upon as

evil, etc. We forget that Israel stayed in lebanon for 18 years, would you like to see the USA occupied for 18 years.Would we be happy to have Russia supply North Korea with weapons of

mass destruction. The bunker buster bombs that Israel used on the lebanese people , can you guess where they came from-you

guessed it right the good old USA. If I were you I would go study

history from B.C. to 2006.In return I will pose a question for you to think about. how old do you think the country of Israel is, Mickey

Source(s): "history"
  • 1 decade ago

Because it is politically correct and standard practice to blame Israel for everything and report the poor Muslims as perpetual victims. Don't you know that Hezbollah was just sitting around doing good deeds in Lebanon, performing waste disposal services and treating the sick in hospitals when the evil Jews invaded their land and killed a bunch of babies for no reason whatsoever.

Even liberal Jews have taken up the cause of hating Jews. I guess westerners who hate the Jews don't realize that Islamic fascists want to kill them too.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, and the media is all over Hezbollah and Lebanon cleaning up the destruction and repairing roads, etc. I never see that kind of coverage of the clean-up and rebuilding going on EVERY DAY in Iraq. Guess, it doesn't suit their agenda.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mido
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Destruction in israel: some discrete walls in some houses in some cities. some cars in the streets . one factory. 20to 30 citizens killed.

In Lebanon : The whole Infrastructure is destroyed+1000000 homeless +1200 killed + Economic disaster

Satisfied?

• waters
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Because Lebanon got clobbered more than Israel.

• Marcos
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

THATS BECAUSE....THE SMART BOMBS AND SCATTER BOMBS ARE DOING MORE DAMAGE THAN THE SMALL HIGHLY INACCURATE ROCKETS FIRED BY THE HEZBOLLAH. THE ROCKETS USED BY HEZBOLLAH ARE FOR INTIMIDATING THE GOVERNMENT OF ISRAEL....WHILE THE BOMBS USED BY ISRAEL...ARE ACTUALLY KILLING DOZENS OF CIVILIANS EVERY DAY>!

• 1 decade ago

Brilliant question!!! The answer is liberalism in the media, plain and simple.

• 1 decade ago

can you say partisan media

any more Questions?

oh ya have a nice day

• 1 decade ago

becuase the MSM is still STUCK ON STUPID

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.