Catholic Church corruption.?

Why does the Vatican have so much power. I can find no where in the bible where God said, this man is my word on earth, that sounds more like the Mormon idea of a Prophet than a Christain priest. And the plunder. I've been to the Vatican, the artifacts, the riches, the money it makes, the way it... show more Why does the Vatican have so much power. I can find no where in the bible where God said, this man is my word on earth, that sounds more like the Mormon idea of a Prophet than a Christain priest. And the plunder. I've been to the Vatican, the artifacts, the riches, the money it makes, the way it commercailizes christianity sickens me. The idea of Limbo. No where in the bible. Was invented in the middle ages when the poor serfs were unable to read and the church took advantage of them. The Catholic church should own up to the sins appart in the way it has acted and the way it acts now, holding on to all its earthy riches and the idea of a God-man (the pope). Where did all the corruption come from?
21 answers 21