why white house?

White House? Why?

Is it a way to officially hide racism against colored Americans! Why isn’t it named Black house… is it a shame to be colored?

What do you think? Please specify your color?

Favorite Answer

when the white house painted white, maybe u think it's racist.

but not for me..

i think it's a symbol of arrogancy and dirty business

whites are the color of the clean, goodness, pure and innocent.

even white always representing god.

on the contrary.. what are they really doing there? do you think it's clean enough to make other suffering from bombs and one-eyed economy control? taking advantages and steal resoures from stupid people? coaxing a friendly people and made them as our barbie doll?

i think the white house should painted in colourful and bright paints..

because it's not a presidental palace,

it's a kindergarten.

How many people do you know that live in black houses? Seriously. And it is white because that was probably the cheapest color of paint back then. Get over it.

Why does my color matter in regards to my answer? It was based on LOGIC rather than emotion.

The decision to paint the White House "White" was based on Roman Architectural design and had nothing to do with race or color - An "idea" based on unmatched greatness and strength of people completely united.

Source(s): Education - Long time ago. And, I could be making a little bit up. It just makes sense.

Because it was painted white, to match the white marble and white stonework of the rest of the government buildings in DC.

It reflected the same grandeur of the Roman monuments, which were also white stone.

It had nothing to do with race or skin color. And trying to make it about skin color is just silly.

I think the night sky reverse desciminates, because most of the sky is black at night and only the moon and stars are white... um yeah.. and electricity and lights are part of the evil stupid Bush plot against blacks by reducing the amount of blackness at night...

and dont get me started on white out and black ink! whats that all about?

Because at that time white was the easy cheap paint to get a hold of. Congress did not wast money so much then either.

me thinks you are making too much out of this

quit using the race/color as a issue for every little thing you don't like

"colored" hasn't been used to signify a race since the late 60's

race: American Indian

• x

Actually, the practice of painting the building white began when it was damaged by fire during the War of 1812. There are still scorch marks visible is you get close enough to see them.

Naw.A black house would have been too hot in the summertime.

I think a a glow in the dark green like me would be nice.

well its called the white house because anybody can be president in it unless theyre not at least a 40 year old white evanglican man.