Do you prefer beaches on the Atlantic Ocean or Gulf of Mexico?

Gulf waters tend to be warmer.

• Lee J
    Best Answer

Love the soft white sand in the gulf.

The Atlantic is quite rough. Nothing keeping the waves from crashing in. The Gulf is nice, but it depends where you land. Some of the Gulf coast is more mud beaches than sandy beaches. Right around the LA and TX border past Galveston, the beaches aren't spectacular.

I've been on Gulf beaches from Tampa, Florida to So. Padre Island, TX. and also on the Atlantic and Pacific beaches. The best beaches by far are the Gulf Beaches no matter which gulf state you are in (Florida Gulf beaches are exquisite).

Forgive me, but ya just gotta have both. That's what different vacations were made for. If you want some wave sound and you're into the rolling and crashing it's the Atlantic. When you feel mellow and like floating around a bit with the dolphin and doing a bit of snorkeling, then the Gulf is the place to go. I loved your question but it's just a bit like asking if you prefer sun or stars. There's a time for each.

• Nicky

Gulf water is alot calmer as well. I prefer the Gulf for swimming and sailing, but for surfing, the Atlantic rocks.

No question the Gulf beaches.

beaches on the gulf are prettier, but the waves for surfing are better in the atlantic

• Better sand at the gulf; better waves in the atlantic.

Gulf as the water is warm and comfortable for swimming

Source(s): personal experience

Atlantic.