Tae-Kwon-Do vs Karate?

I am looking to put my two active boys (ages 4 & 6) in martial arts. Can someone explain the difference between Tae-Kwon-Do and Karate?
Update: I guess I should clarify what I'm looking for, for my children. I don't really care about the fighting... I care about them learning self-discipline and control. While having something that will give them some exercise. I'm not looking for them to become world class fighters... just trying to find... show more I guess I should clarify what I'm looking for, for my children. I don't really care about the fighting... I care about them learning self-discipline and control. While having something that will give them some exercise. I'm not looking for them to become world class fighters... just trying to find something they might enjoy that will teach them to respect themselves and give them a little more self-confidence. If they decide they like martial arts and they would like to pursue something more competitive at an older age then I'll support them with their choice. But for now knowing this... what is your recommendation?
17 answers