josh b asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

how long does marijuana stay in your system?

how long does marijuana stay in your system? i just tried it and i gotta take a drug test for work and i only took 2 hits and did not get high i just tried it how long will it take to come our or do i not even have to be worried? I'm 15 210lbs about 5 "9 if that helps thanks for the help!

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Marijuana shows up on a urine test for several days to two weeks after smoking or ingesting it up to a month.

Depending upon your urine test, I'd be concerned because unlike alcohol, it doesn't have a body weight differential (goes straight to your brain and stays in your fat cells).

Did you know that it will show up in your hair follicles for up to three months?

If you end up getting a positive test, tell the truth and ask to be retested in several days. Your honesty may save you your job.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

It could take as long as a month. Even longer in the hair, but most work drug tests are urine tests.

It doesn't matter how little. We just had a driver test positive and he insisted that he only ATTENDED a party where marijuana was being smoked. It doesn't matter if we believed him or not. The positive drug test means he is suspended and has to enter and PASS a drug counseling and treatment program if he EVER wants to drive again.

Worried. Heck, yes! What were you thinking? Even if the drug test was sprung on you by surprise, you should know that most companies do a pre employment drug test.

Source(s): Driver Trainer for 15 years
  • 1 decade ago

It depends on how long you've been around folks that uses marijuana. If this is your very first time, then you have little to worry about. Your size also helps. Best practice.....don't do drugs. This is from a 50 plus male who has been where you are and trust me, you don't want to go there. As for how long it stays in the body's system, constant use will take about 30 days.

• 1 decade ago

It does not take a month for 2 hits or even one sitting. Especially since your young. You will metabalize it faster then these nay saying fatties =p

Just that small amount and you will prolly be clear in about a 3-5 days. Drink lots of water and when you goto test make sure your urine is not the first relief of the day as the THC can show up in urine that's been in your body longer.

Source(s): Experience Here is some general info http://www.ccguide.org.uk/blood.php
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If that was your first time, it may be gone in about 15 days, Habitual users can test positive up to 6 weeks after last use. This drug is highly fat soluble and doesn't leave the body very fast and accumulates with chronic use. With so many employers, etc using drug testing, the best way to beat the test is NOT to use drugs ---PERIOD.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A couple days should do it...the important thing is that you are 15. I'm all for blazing when you're an adult, but kids need to step back a bit and realize that they really are just kids. Noone knows exactly what pot does to a developing brain, which yours is. Oh ya, drink lots of iced tea or water. And wait a couple years before trying it again. Hair tests are different from piss tests, Piss tests clear ina couple days, hair tests can get ya over a month later.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Actually, it also depends on how many times did you use marijuana and how long did you use it. Marijuana often stay in your system abou 1-6 times if you use only 1 times and increased if you use more and more.

Full information about marijuana and how much time it is in your system you can see at

Source(s): how long does marijuana stay in your system? i just tried it and i gotta take a drug test for work and i only took 2 hits and did not get high i just tried it how long will it take to come our or do i not even have to be worried? I'm 15 210lbs about 5 "9 if that helps thanks for the help!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have heard that this will stay in the system up to 6 weeks, the London Transport do random checks, periodically and many poople who have been on this go off sick so there must be some truth to this. Wish you the best of luck

• 1 decade ago

1 or 2 months

• 1 decade ago

if you only took a couple of hits it will be gone in a few day's. if you are having to take a drug test and your still thinking you might not pass, go to the health food store and buy some (super quick caps) I guarantee you will pass. don't use golden seals it shows up in drug test.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.