godale01 asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Does taking Levaquin make you dizzy and nervous?I feel really lightheaded at times all of the sudden and shaky

I don't feel this way all the time but it comes in spells. I can be sitting somewhere and be fine and then all of the sudden it hits me. Then I feel that way for a while. I just feel wierd. Didn't notice this before taking this medecine. I am scared of a seizure from this because I don't know what one feels like. I just get so shaky and uncomfortable. I just feel lousy. Is this normal with this medecine.Just a little concerened here. Any help or expereience with this medecine is appreciated.

Favorite Answer

This could be from the infection or disease you have but here are some of the things your pharmacist and/or doctor should have told you already. Take on an empty stomach; consume plenty of fluids; avoid multivitamins with zinc, iron products, and antacids 4 hrs before and after dose; avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or UV light; may experience dizziness, drowsiness or visual changes, nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation. But ultimately if your symptoms don't improve or if they get worse within 72 hours of taking this drug....see your doctor immediately.

This can be a side effect of Levaquin (dizziness) but it should not cause a seizure, so don't worry about that. You may (maybe more likely) be having symptoms from the infection for which you are taking the levaquin in the first place. Drink fluids and give yourself time to get up from a sitting position. If this persists for more than a day or so, go see your doctor.

Source(s): I am a physician

Levofloxacin is an antibiotic that is used for treating bacterial infections. Many common infections in humans are caused by bacteria. Bacteria can grow and multiply, infecting different parts of the body. Drugs that control and eradicate these bacteria are called antibiotics. Levofloxacin is an antibiotic that stops multiplication of bacteria by preventing the reproduction and repair of their genetic material, DNA. It is in a class of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones, a class that includes ciprofloxacin (Cipro), norfloxacin (Noroxin), ofloxacin (Floxin), trovafloxacin (Trovan), and lomefloxacin (Maxaquin). The FDA approved levofloxacin in December 1996.

The usual dose is 250-750 mg given once daily for 3-14 days depending on the type of infection. Anthrax is treated with 500 mg daily for 60 days. It is important to take oral formulations at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after any antacid or mineral supplement containing iron, calcium, zinc, or magnesium since these bind levofloxacin and prevent its absorption into the body.

Levofloxacin is not recommended for use in pregnant women since levofloxacin causes joint and bone deformities in juvenile animals of several species.

• farver

Who Makes Levaquin

1

Source(s): Grow Taller Exercise http://sparkindl.info/GrowTallerFast/?kNUE

First-class Online Market ---> http://levaquin.4gw.pw/y7439

YES IT DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD...AS MOST PHARMACEUTICALS DO.....SON TOOK IT TO OFFSET OTHER SYMPTOMS CAUSED BY OTHER DRUGS THAT WERE PRESCRIBED AND WOUND UP SEEING ...HALLUCINATING AND SHAKING.....TAKES NOTHING NOW AND IS HEALTHIER THAN EVER....STUFF IS POISON..

• side effect of the medicine

maybe

check your blood suger or blood presure