What do you get for an 8 year old boy who is into demonology and witchcraft?

Update:

bible-thumpers need not answer until you can get down from your high horse

Update 2:

suppose he insists that dinosaurs and superheros are crap

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard, by Oberon Zell-Ravenheart.

It's a book to learn wizardry, designed for kids Harry Potter's age; it's probably a bit over the head of an 8-year-old, but he can enjoy the parts he can understand, and work towards the other parts. It's a decent introduction to western hermetic magic folklore. It's written by someone who understands a fascination with magic and the exotic, yet doesn't want to encourage anyone to be "bad" or "evil" or even just mean.

• 1 decade ago

A therapist

Sorry - for some reason I thought this was a joke. The Harry Potter stuff and magic trick kits might appeal to him but Potter may be a bit above his reading level. (There's another series - if you ask at a decent book store or the library I'm sure they could help.) He also might like stuff about myths and legends. I'm thinking of the old Jason & the Argonauts films that used to be popular with kids, not the cartoon Hercules.

• 1 decade ago

a one way ticket to Iraq........ actually I have no idea!

There is a big gap between the many forms of Paganism and witchcraft and who knows what all "demonology" includes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A psychologist for the parents that are letting this kid read about that stuff.What ever possesed the parents to let this kid start messing with the occult? Maybe they should sit down and talk to him in order to find out whats happening here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Do you want to write a letter to the author of Harry Potter, maybe when she retires a wealthy woman, she can start a column to help all the kids she has warped in this manner!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get him a copy of the blair witch project. Or better yet, take him down there where the movie takes place (somewhere in Maryland??)

• 1 decade ago

An illustrated encyclopedia of world religions. That way he can read about several other ways of life and perhaps be drawn to a more positive one.

• 1 decade ago

A Bible, a gift certificate to the nearest psychological clinic, and a big, wooden paddle with rusty nails in it to use on his parents for letting the kid get into that mess.

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

a Nimbus 3000?

• 1 decade ago

I will assume he already has the Harry Potter books.

Google a book called Wizardology. He might like it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.