Do supposedly "scary" movies ever really scare you?

Horror movies are like pornos, The really good ones are pretty rare. Most of them are pretty lame (my opinion) and not even worth watching.
Update: I mean I wish there were better ones like the 'Evil Dead" trilogy and some of the great zombie movies, at least they were funny. and even somewhat realistic looking.
Update 2: Most of you are saying that movies from the past are more likely to have truly frightening qualities, and I agree! And it probably does have to do with the age you are when you watch them, My first scary movies were a doulble feature at the local theatre, The incredible two headed transplant, and the house that... show more Most of you are saying that movies from the past are more likely to have truly frightening qualities, and I agree! And it probably does have to do with the age you are when you watch them, My first scary movies were a doulble feature at the local theatre, The incredible two headed transplant, and the house that dripped blood. Those both kind of disturbed me for a while, My freind said that Hostle disturbed him when he saw it a few weeks ago, but I havent seen it yet. Is it good?