What are perforated edges?

For notebook paper, do perforated edges just mean that they don't have the little fringes on the side? That's what I think but I need to know for sure.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

perforated means you can tear out the paper neatly bc they have poked a WHOLE BUNCH of TINY holes on the left of the 3 big holes, making it simple to tear out the page

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, in a spiral notebook, before they had perforated paper, the sheets had the little fringy edges. When a sheet was ripped out, the fringes would be on the paper. Now that they have perforated paper, you can rip a sheet out along a line, and the fringy edges would get left in the notebook. So you had a sheet of paper that is more like looseleaf. It's ideal for taking out sheets if you have to turn in work (because teachers complain about the fringy edges) or if you want to go put your notes in a binder later. On the other hand, the perforation can cause some sheets to fall out of the notebook.

Hope that helped. Well, if you had a perforated notebook, you'd know what I'm talking about.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a line of small hole punched through the paper to assist you in making a clean tear when removing part of it. Like removing an advertising card in a magazine. When you remove it, it tears cleanly along the perforated line or edge.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perforated is where you can tear out a sheet cleanly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

they are the small holes along the side or corner or margin on sheets of paper boxes etc. they are made by the manufacturer mostly by automated machines.

Source(s): school taught me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.