Please tell me some fun and interesting places to visit in Maine.?

I will be there next week.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try the Desert of Maine! It's a glacial phenomenon where a bunch of sand was dumped in Freeport thousands of years ago. You can tour the area and learn about the history of the place. It's an unusual tourist stop.

Also I'd recommend the outlet shopping in Freeport. I went to college in Maine and the shopping there is great. Have fun!

Source(s): www.desertofmaine.com www.freeportmaine.com
  • 1 decade ago

Depends on where in Maine you are going to if you are going to the Portland area the coast has a lot to do and see. If you are going to Mid state ( Bangor area) go to bar harbor and Acadia National Park, Northern Maine had many lakes and campgrounds so visit.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mt. Desert Island.

That is the where the homes of David Rockefeller and his old friend Caspar Weinberger were. I think they probably know the best place in Maine is to be. Don't forget to see the acadia national park.

• 1 decade ago

The beach area from York beach maine to Ogunquit they are on Highway 1.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

there is a place in maine where it is the first place you can see the sun rise in the united states - i dont remember the name but it might be white mountain???? look it up on the internet --- its pretty!

• THE WHOLE STATE!!!!

Especially the coast!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.