45 ACP or 9mm. I like the .45 ACP. Which do ypu prefer?

Favorite Answer

you need to elaborate more on your question. are you simply talking about home defense or war time use?? if you are referring to home defense then either one is not very effective since most home invasions occur in the dark and with chaotic resolve. in this situation a shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot is the way to go. just point and shoot. you cant miss. and if you do you dont have to worry about killing the next door neighbors kid with over penetration. my conceal carry weapon is an old state troopers.357 magnum revolver. its simple to operate and never jams like any auto will if not properly maintained. also most women and small men find it hard to jack a shell into the autos chamber . also most fancy autos are way too expensive. a good .45 will run almost 500 bucks and a 9mm will run over 400 bucks. while many revolvers can be had for 300 bucks or less. still i like my mosserg 500 with 00 buck for those pesky home invaders that think they can take my dvd without a fight!!!!!!!!

Source(s): 22 years military with expert marksman in rifle and pistol with gold clusters. also an avid hunter and shooter for most of my life!!!!!!!!!
  • Don

If you can hit what you are aiming at the .45 ACP is the way to go. However: If you require 18 or 20 rounds to hit something six feet away you need a 9mm, (and new glasses).

The .45 is the choice for me also. It has that distinction of spitting the slug out, not just firing it. And the slug will travel end over end. It's got that distinctive sound when it fires too. You know a .45 just by listening. And the gun's easy to maintain. A 9mm will penetrate, but a .45 will knock it down.

45 ACP

People who get shot with a .45 ACP stay shot.

9mm has an overpenetration problem. Recent ammunition advances have helped resolve this.

The stopping power of the .45 ACP is unrivaled. I have always preferred it to just about anything else.

Definately .45ACP...and I'd go for a 1911 model as well....you wont find better construction and reliability anywhere in my opinion. However I chose .40S&W. It packs a punch and has a higher velocity and longer range. I would only choose a 9mm if you needed a very small frame, highly concealable weapon.....better than a .380 but that's not saying much.

.45 is the round to use when you're tired of arguing. The weapon is a bulldozer. Simple to use, easy to clean, damn near impossible to jam. The only reason the 9mm came to NATO & then US military usage was that they wanted to standardize the ammo & the 9mm had a higher mag. capacity. When it's all on the line, give me my 1911s.

i would rather carry a 45 because of the stopping power

45! 185 grain semi jacketed hollow point.

" When you care to send the very best "

• .45 all the way.