☆skyblue asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

I've been sick a lot over the past year. Can it be from living with a smoker, or stress, or something else?

Symptoms include headaches, upset stomach, diarrhea, runny nose. Sometimes vommitting, congested lungs, and migranes. I never have a temperature or get a fever, just feel lousy. If I'm throwing up for 2 days, I'll go to an internal medicine doctor who usually says I caught a virus & there's a lot going around this year. I've been to that doctor 4 time in the past year. I usually have to call off work at least one day a month because I feel too sick to go into work, usually from a migrane. Sometimes I'll feel perfectly fine in the morning, get up, go to work, and will throw up and feel awful after lunch. I've been living with a smoker for almost 2 years. I don't smoke & have never lived with anyone who does before. I've been under a lot of stress this year too. I'm a little over weight but my blood pressure is always good. Friends tell me to get blood work done or take more vitamins. I just started working out 4 days a week. Any idea what's going on?

Favorite Answer

I know for a fact that living with a smoker does lower your immunity to viruses/colds/infections. So don't be worried. If it bothers you alot then maybe you should try supplements like vitamin C, green tea extracts-these are both antioxidants that will help to clean your body from impurities which may be causing the symptoms or maybe a green veggie pill to keep you at your best to fight off illnesses. That's what I do ?

I'd check to see if you've been exposed to mold in your home and/or work environment. If it's not mold, I'd check your tonsils. I had mine out at 37 and I have not had a sick day since. Good Luck!

I argee with Ben, and also try to get another dr and get a second opinion