Why doesn't chewbacca get a medal at the end of of Star Wars?

He was snubbed in 1977 and then he was denied again when the film was rereleased in the 90's. I mean George digitally adds like 4 billion robots and aliens- but he can't add one little medal for Chewie? If I was Chewbacca I think I'd be pissed that I risked my life and I didn't get a medal. What, they only had 2 and that's it??

Best Answer

If you read the books, chewie liked to keep a low profile he didn't like atention much. And he hated having people center thier attention on him. One other thing. On a ship when medals are given out for an act a crew did its given to the caption not to every officer, Han was the captain, chewie was the copilot. And it was Han who shot Vaders wingman not Chewie.

pondering the massive age of Wookie civilization and way of existence, besides because the Wookie code of ethics, I imagine Chewbacca became down the provision of a medal, the argument being, why might want to I settle for a reward for doing some thing that needed to be finished? Chewie's way previous that aspect of way of existence. it must be like accepting a reward for telling the reality, or helping someone up who had tripped, or stating the thanks to someone who become lost.

Denied!!!! Seriously, if you read the original novelization by George Lucas, which was actually ghost-written by Alan Dean Foster, Chewbacca got his medal later, but Princess Leia didn't put it on him because Chewie was too tall and she couldn't reach. Seriously, read the book!

I read long time ago in Star Wars comic that Chewbacca got medal also but Lea was to short to put it on him. I must find that comic and check it again. Think it was original comic adaptation of movie.

Hmmm seems like Chewie and the others from his planet are minorities. My own father passed away 2 years ago and never was properly recognized like so many other black vets for thier contribution to the war.

Star Wars just like Star Trek has many predjudices and stereo types built right in. Art immitating life I say. Peace

• Lyvy

I wouldn't want to be the guy to stab the medal on Chewbacca.

I agree, but he was second in command of ship,so thats why the medal went to Solo 4 being commander

Because he is a Wookie and the Federation is racist against Wookies. He deserves a medal for working with that arogant, full of themselves cast.

because in the chewbacca world, medals aren't worth anything. it would mean nothing to him. chewbaccas value friendship and just being there was good enough for him

Iggy: "On the third day of expedition, the group came across a large rubber plant. Unfortunately, they could not cut it down because, as we know it, money can't buy knives. So, walking around the plant, they continued on the shores of Patusan."

Zatch: "Is there no way to shut this chattering monkey up?"

Lt. Spence: "You know, I'd cut him. But, I don't have a knife."