Is a chronic stomach ach in children be a sign of diabetes?

My daughter has also been shakey, then I give her some OJ and she stops, and she always is thursty and she sometimes feels like she is dying from hunger. She also hasn't gained alot in a year.

Favorite Answer

That sound like some of the symptoms. You need to get her to a doctor. Diabetes and hypoglycemia (which also has some of those symptomss) aren't anything to ignore. Diabetes when untreated can cause death. I know, because it happened in my own family this past December. Have her checked out!

1

Source(s): I Cured My Diabetes : http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?pJIo

2

Source(s): Reverse Any Diabetes Easily : http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?dPbz

Children will manifest some different symptoms for diabetes BUT this sounds ever serious and needs medical attention NOW

If its not diabetes I will eat my hat. Sorry, but you need to get her to the doctor do not wait until she is in a coma.

It could be the start of diabetes, Hypoglycemia (that's the shaky part that needs some OJ)

Good Luck, I will keep her and you in my prayers.

TO SHELLY: Children & babies BS are different than a teens & adults. She needs a doctor to do this testing its a 6-9 hour test of blood sugars over the hours depending on what the doctor finds first.

Go get her tested. This is how I found out my daughter had Type 1. She was just skinny, hungry all the time. Peeing all the time and tired. Mombolita is right, though. Shakiness in diabetes that is fixed with OJ is only logical if she is taking insulin already. After all shakiness fixed with sugar is a sign of hypoglycemia. That only occurs as an insulin recation.

This could be. Usual symptoms are: regular urination, wetting of the bed, and ect. An illness can trigger diabetes and so could the environment. What i would suggest is that you go buy a blood glucose monitor (can be found in a local drug store) and take her glucose level. If it is over the regular take to her pediatrician. Regular blood sugars for humans without diabetes is around 70-100 it could be a little over, but if its like 200 or above, i would be concerned.

• canary

she wouldn't have shakiness that's fixed by OJ if she's diabetic! the thirst and hunger and lack of weight gain sound like diabetes, but the shakiness/OJ thing really points AWAY from diabetes. But, please take her to the doctor for a diagnosis. Yahoo answers is not the place!

get it diagnosed. Type I diabeties

A simple urine test should diagnose it. Constant thirst is a huge indicator since it's the kidneys that get overwhelmed by high blood sugar.

GET IT CHECKED. Your child risks serious kidney failure, diabetic shock, circulatory problems, or even blindness if left unchecked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetes

i would take her to the dr for some blood work, she is displaying the signs of type 1 diabeties good luck to you both

Those are some signs - thirsty, not gaining weight, shakiness. Make an appt. with her ped. soon, and good luck!