Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Do I need help??

I am a 16 year old male and 310 pounds. I am 6'3 and play football?

Favorite Answer

my concern regarding your weight, is in the future - - -

high blood pressure, diabetes, continual weight gain.

obviously you are active now, what will the future bring?

also, I have a concern regarding your eating habits??

you just may need to help yourself, regarding nutrition, exercise,

and family history.

Since you are in high school, you are not going to die from heart attack or stroke and being obese will help you in football, right? If you were 45, it will kill you soon. If you are looking for a date, that would be reason to lose weight. If not then you have no problems now.

Good carbs like celery and carrots will never make you fat. Bad carbs like cake will, but you don't need to know the whole science of glycemic index and load. It is mostly NOT your fault, if you need to lose weight. The way we have been taught to eat is responsible for making obesity the number one health problem in the world (according to Atlantic Monthly magazine) replacing hunger and infectious disease. You need to re-learn how to eat so you can become thin. Not a diet, but diet lifestyle.

Find out about fastest way to lose weight, gradual ways to lose weight, most effective exercise, good and bad carbs and anti-water. Lose bodyfat and retained water which also makes you a lot fatter (bloated). Links page has gov. BMI calculater to find out just how much overweight you are. Most important-- make sure to read the last "fat loss tip", first before anything else, to see the number one food that causes Americans to be fat.

http://phifoundation.org/

Hi Blimpy!

My guess is that you are carrying a lot of body fat, which can be very hard on your heart and body. Keep playing football for exercise, but don't get caught up in believing you need to weigh 300 pounds. Most NFL guys that do, have extreme levels of muscle and low body fat.

I would cut back on your calories and try to stay away from fats and sugurs until you get your Body Mass Index (BMI) down to safer levels.

I believe this answers your question, but if not let me know.

Good luck with your diet and fitness goals!

Trainer Greg

gregg@keptaccountable.com

www.keptaccountable.com

We help you reach fitness or any other type of goals through accountability.

"Keep me accountable"

Source(s): various
  • kwi

exercise a little more and do a littlle extra on the football team