too much music!?

I have lots of music on my computer and i know they are the reason my computer runs slow. does anyone have an alternative place to save the music on other than expanding the harddrive?

I have over 500 songs from different CD's, and i added up all the songs and it came up as 2353 MB. can you also please tell me how many GB's that is.

its not spyware or adware bcuz i get them off of CD's i dont download anything.

I thought of the CD's but what if the CD gets damaged?

its a toshiba satellite, 512 MB, 60GB

Intel Pentium 4 with HT technology 2.8 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 60 GB hard disk, 2 years old

Favorite Answer

Having a music collection like that shouldn't slow down your system. Playing the music with your media player can cause slowness or running low on free drive space can cause your system to run slow. You should check how much free space your drive has.

2353MB ~ 2.3GB

Here's an idea for you: 4GB USB flash drive for $71 + s/h. You could take the music with you wherever you go. Then, if you want to listen to your music in the car, you can get this nifty MP3 player that you plug your USB flash drive into and it will transmit it to an FM station that you tune your car stereo to.

Just some ideas.......

You could get a portable harddrive from somewhere like WalMart or Newegg.com, amazon.com, etc. They are pretty cost effective and are easy to setup. Some are portable as well. But I doubt that is the reason your computer is slow. It may be that you have too many programs installed. That bogs down your computer as well as puts strain on your RAM. I'd recommend buying a couple of sticks of RAM if that is the problem. What are the specs on your computer?

You may have what you see as a lot of music, but you only have about 2gig of music. If you were to take a look at my music file you find that it is well over 50gig big. If you don't want it on your 60gig hard drive then buy any external and transfer it there, where you would be able to access all the time. Good Luck and Happy Listening.

burn them to CD if they 128 mp3s you can get about 200 on a CD is is almost 2.5 GB

Its not the music, its the spyware and viruses.

put all the song on blank discs and delete them off the computer

2.35GB - Have the same problem with te speed of my computer - it SUCKS!!!

What computer is it?

get ipod get ipod get ipod