gallow
gallow asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Yankees v Red Sox?

Ok, lets find out how many Yankee fans we got out here. Welcome to August where the red sox have finally hit theri slump!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

I'm neither a Yankee fan or a Red Sox fan, but I lived in Boston for 2 1/2 years and I gotta say they are the most annoying fans. (Complain about everything--even when they win!)

So I have to root for the Yankees between these two.

It won't matter who wins, though. The A's will finally go over the Division Series slump and be the AL Champs this year.

I have to say it was beautiful walking around Boston around one in the morning after Aaron Boone's homer in 2003 put the Red Sox away. The streets were completely empty, as if an atomic bomb had gone off and no one survived. I was rooting for the Yankees after Derek Lowe added that crotch-grab toward the A's dugout after striking out Adam Melhuse. What an insult that was to the A's. So I was rilly happy when Boone hit that little Wakefield flutterball over the fence to put them dirty Sox in the hamper.

I just remember the yellow police tape all over the empty Brighton Ave and Commonwealth Ave--for the impromptu celebration that never came. And the next day devastated Red Sox fans standing in line like zombies at Dunkin Donuts, trying to drown their sorrow in a cup of coffee.

It was beautiful!!!

Red Sox.

Why are yankee fans getting so gosh darn excited over a lousy 2 game lead?

If I may give you a clue:

There are still 2 months left in the season. The Red Sox are very much in the race for the division title.

If anyone should get excited I would think it's The Mets.

They have like a 12 game lead over the 2nd place team, and are a shoe-in for the playoffs (unlike the yankees).

Just because it's the yankees doesnt mean you automatically go to the playoffs. you have to play 162 games, just like the rest of MLB.

Yankees

LET'S GO YANKEES!! Remember Red Sox fans, everything is just practice for October... you know, the month after the regular season ends for you?

Dodgers

red sox fans are gay!!!

GO YANKS!

And dont be jealous that the yanks can afford a big payroll. we are able to do this because of our history of WINNING (not losing like the gay sox). 26 world series titles...success leads to more success!

I love the Braves. I know this wasn't their season (understatement) but that is what you call a devoted fan!

YANKEES SUCK RED SOX RULE

it can only go up from here... GO RED SOX

• Mary*

You forgot to say ". . . and theYankees pull ahead, as usual."

Sorry BoSox fans, my Yankees are just gettin' started!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!